Post Office Branches in Tourist Areas Jerusalem Travel Guide / May 31, 2018
Bear in mind that post office is a reliable address to buy Shekels when you are in Israel. A name to remember is Israel Post, a government-owned company that offers postal and banking services. Israel Post is helpful for our travelers in changing currency and converting checks to cash.
Israel Post’s service is very accessible through their many branches across the country. In this article, five of the most convenient branches in Jerusalem are picked out and listed for you to find one that is nearest to where you are. Note that the queue at these places can be long due to the happening of various kinds of transactions done there (postal activity is an example).
Despite the long queue, Israel Post is still a well-loved money changer of many as their exchange rates are reasonable. You can check the daily rates here.
RECOMMENDED ISRAEL POST BRANCHES
1) Israel Post @ Old City
- This branch is located right outside Christ Church Heritage Center.
- Address: The Armenian Patriarchate St., Jerusalem, 91140, Israel
- Phone: +972-2-628-0738
- Opening hours: Sun, Mon, Wed & Thu 08:00 – 16:00; Tue 08:00 – 13:30; Fri 08:00 – 12:00
2) Israel Post @ Agripas St.
- This branch sits beside Maccabedet Hospital.
- Address: 42 Agripas St., Jerusalem, 9430125, Israel
- Phone: +972- 1599-500171
- Opening hours: Sun to Thu 08:00 – 18:00, Fri 08:00 – 12:00
3) Israel Post near Yafo St.
- The branch is just a 1-minute walk from the corner of Eliyahu Mani St and Yafo St.
- Address: 4 Eliyahu Mani St., Jerusalem, 9432501, Israel
- Phone: +972- 2-624-0144
- Opening hours: Sun to Thu 08:00 – 15:00
4) Israel Post @ HaKeren HaKayemet Le-Israel St.
- This branch is situated at the intersection of HaKeren HaKayemet Le-Israel St. and Ibn Gabirol St.
- Address: 8 HaKeren HaKayemet Le-Israel St., Jerusalem, 9242808, Israel
- Phone: +972-2-5005303
- Opening hours: Sun, Tue & Thu 08:00 – 20:00; Mon & Wed 08:00 – 13:30; Fri 08:00 -12:00
5) Israel Post @ Hebrew University
- The branch is nestled inside Sherman Building which is a 5-minute walk from Bloomfield Science Museum.
- Address: 1 Derech Balfour St., Jerusalem, 9139001, Israel
- Phone: +972- 2-563-5089
- Opening hours: Sun to Thu 09:00 – 15:00