7 Best Budget Shopping Places in Seoul with Yes Deals Seoul Travel Guide / April 23, 2019
Image credit: Ha Jeong Jeong
Seoul, the new fashion capital of Asia, is a sweet dream of every lady. All women want to be gorgeous in an elegant way. And Korean fashion is there to fulfill that need.
If you think those Korean-style beautiful dresses will cost you a lot of money, you may be wrong. Just like any shopping paradise in the world, Seoul has both the expensive and cheap parts within itself.
The economical side of Seoul is fortunately huge. There are plenty of markets, fashion shopping streets, fashion districts, flea markets and underground shopping arcades across the city that offer great bargains on clothes, shoes, bags, accessories, cosmetics and souvenirs.
You can have great shopping experiences without burning your budget. All you need to do is visit the wallet-friendly shopping venues recommended below.
See also: 10 Best Seoul Souvenirs Worth Your Money
See also: 5 Best Dance Clubs in Gangnam to Party Like a Celebrity
1. Ewha Womans University Shopping Street
Image credit: Crafty Bitch
- Youthful and sweet fashion for young ladies: Ladies, you will love the lines of street stalls around Ewha Womans University as they have tons of feminine style clothes such as dress, cardigan, sweater, top and skirt for you to choose from. Prices start from KRW 5000 ($4.27) for an item.
- A wealth of fashion choice that enhances the experience of a sophisticated shopper: The area around Ewha Womans University that forms Ewha Womans University Fashion Street is more than just a venue for cheap clothes. It also incorporates designer shops, boutique stores, shopping malls into its business life to perfect itself. So ladies, you can go there and hunt for good bargains that can please different corners of a lady inside you.
- Korean beauty products to complete the shopping trip: On the stage are also popular skin care and make up brands such as Etude, Face shop, Holika Holika and Tony Moly.
- A large number of hair salons for a little makeover: This fashion street is also home to many hair salons, which can help you make the most of your trip to the area – find time between shopping tours to treat yourself to an indulgence of Korean hair cut, perm or rebonding.
3. Shopping in Dongdaemun
Image credit: Kaizer Rangwala
- A huge shopping paradise with vast shopping options: Imagine an area with 5 shopping districts filled with 26 shopping malls, 30,000 specialty shops and a night market. Whether you want to buy just a few items or purchase in bulk, Dongdaemun always welcomes you.
- Domestic Korean fashion is the main focus of Dongdaemun business life: The place can feed your wardrobe high quality Korean-made clothes. Most fashion items sold there come from the warehouses of 50,000 manufacturers in the area.
- Dongdaemun night market is where to hunt for the best bargains: The best deals on clothes and shoes are waiting for you at the night market, which is bustling with activity from 10pm to 5am everyday.
- Fashion shoes are the real star of the show: Among the abundance of products on offer, shoes are the most sought-after items. Shoppers love to buy shoes there because the designs are fashionable, the prices are cheap, and the quality is good. Note that most of the shoes are in average Asian sizes.
5. Express Bus Terminal Station (Gangnam Goto Mall)
Image credit: Tommy Sung
- Weather independent shopping experience: Ladies, you can now protect your hair-do and shop in the middle of a rainstorm! The underground Goto mall is completely weather independent, meaning you can shop all year round regardless of the season. Another perk of Goto Mall is that you don’t ever have to set foot outdoors as the mall's location is right at the subway station.
- Top budget finds in every department: With prices of clothing starting from 5000 won ($6), Goto mall is astonishingly affordable! You will find all the latest clothing trends, with price tags of almost half the price of other shopping districts.
- Home decor and fashion finds to suit your personal style: The east end of Goto Mall offers a wide selection of house-hold stores, selling lighting, decor, flowers and plants. The west-side boasts a wide variety of stores offering great quality clothing and shoes. The mall is also connected to a luxury department store (Shinsegae) and a Megabox movie theatre.