Using JR Narita Express (NEX) is one of the most comfortable and fastest ways to get to central Tokyo from Narita Airport.
– Time saving: It takes only 53 to 60 minutes to complete the long distance from airport to city.
– Cost saving: It provides great savings for round-trip travel. You can save 33% if you purchase the NEX Tokyo Round Trip Ticket (4,000 yen, $35.33), which can be used within 14 days (normal round-trip fares are 6,040 yen, $53.34)
– Effort saving: It gets you directly and non-stop from the airport to Tokyo station. You don’t need to transfer from train to train like it would be if you take other types of trains.
– Worry saving: You don’t have to worry about road traffic as NEX runs on high-speed rail.
– Comfortable: Every NEX train has comfortable seats and Wi-Fi on board. And there is plenty of space for your luggage.
Disadvantage: Waiting time for a new train can be up to 30 to 60 minutes.
To find the NEX train station, follow the signs that say ‘Railways’ and take the escalator down to the basement level.
Cost: 3,020 yen ($26.67) for single trip ticket, and 4,000 yen ($35.33) for round-trip ticket
Service hours: 07:44 – 21:44 daily
Service schedule: Every 30 to 60 minutes
– During morning peak hours (07:44 to 08:50), NEX trains make 4 stops at Narita, Sakura, Yotsukaidō and Chiba stations before reaching Tokyo station.
– If you use train during rush hours, you may be pushed onto the train by white-gloved ‘pushers’ (oshiya–train station assistant).