Taling Chan Floating Market Bangkok Travel Guide / May 20, 2017
Image credit: BRJ INC.
Distance From Central Bangkok
Sat & Sun, 08:00 - 17:00
324 Chakphra Rd, Bangkok, Thailand
5 Best Floating Markets to Visit in Bangkok
Want to see a floating market but run out of time in Bangkok? Then Taling Chan is a good option for you. Only a few kilometers away from Bangkok sits a beautiful floating market haven. This perfectly sized floating market allows you to shop at the scattered boats without the overwhelming crowds.
- Conveniently close to Bangkok: Unlike other floating markets, Taling Chan is just a short trip away from Bangkok (12 km). It is also small enough to venture the markets without a tour, making it an affordable option.
- Exotic Thai cuisine enhanced by ethnic melodies of traditional Thai musicians: Besides the all time favorite Thai dishes like pad thai and som tum, there is an abundance of exotic food to go adventurous such as salt-crusted grilled fish with femongrass and durian. Enjoy food by the river, and peep into the lives of locals across the water. Tune into local Thai musicians as they play their instruments in the center of the market for an added authentic touch.
- Intriguing mix of bargain products and fresh food produce: Shop around for some of the wackiest fruit you will ever see! Stroll through the busy little stalls offering homemade decorations, flowers, snacks and much more. After you’ve tired out your feet, stop by for a Thai foot massage for 100 baht (3 dollars).
WHAT ARE ON OFFER: Seafood, home decor, flowers, plants
- Try to get there before 10:00 to avoid the crowds and enjoy your experience.
- Beware of scammers. If someone offers you transport, they will more than likely offer ridiculous prices! Negotiate the price before you agree to anything.
HOW TO GET THERE
Take the BTS to Wongwian Yai Station, then take a taxi to Taling Chan for around 150 baht.